Friday 12 June 2015

Introduction

Succeeding the completion of my Art and Design degree at the University of Worcester, I have made the decision to continue my exploration into the world of Green Design, inspired by an enthralling Graphic Design Module entitled 'Green Design', I will be utilizing this blog to exhibit critiques, research, analysis' and personal designs based around my ever growing intrigue into sustainable ideologies.

Firstly, I would like to introduce myself, my name is Jasmine Watt, I am currently a freelancing artist and now blogger living within England. I have developed a passion for sustainability and green design and wish to establish a career based around this subject...this perception was established through the influence of senior lecturer in Graphic Design and Multimedia at The University of Worcester, Andrew Stevenson. However, I believe that to work within this area, you first need to understand the current methodologies being adopted within business' and establishments. Currently I already possess a basic knowledge, contributed by research undertaken for a previous Green Design blog required for my degree, the link to my university blog is displayed below.

http://jasminesgreendesign.blogspot.co.uk/ 

Within my university blog I explored business' such as Nike and creations such as The Earthship Biotecture, these were exceedingly interesting and I will be elaborating on this further, whilst inputting my theories and designs.

To conclude this introduction, I believe that the world is fragile and that we take its land and resources for granted without always considering potential consequences, our materialistic and consumerist tendencies often result in the dismissal of serious environmental issues. This blog is specifically designed to highlight alternative designs and solutions that would hopefully aid and improve the environment...after all we only have one planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment